Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oct 22 Results week 8

Not bad but below average week for  @theVEGASVIC (follow me on twitter)  overall I was 9-5 on my blog picks and 7-3 on additional live radio picks.  As stated prior, this was going to be a good week for the bookmakers because they set spreads that were very close to the end results.  


Personally I lost 3 picks by a point or two and won two by the same.  I hate the guy that always says, "if... but..." but them is the breaks.  Sometimes the man knows what he is doing but other times he misses completely.  Look at the OU/ Tech game.  I was big on Tech and even increased my be after the long delay because I knew that only Tech was really motivated- OU was a 28 point fav they thought they would coast in for a win then BOOOM!!! Too late to come back


I also claimed Wisconsin to be a fraud and for the third week in a row picked a big upset game, not just to cover but win.  Now Wisconsin is not a fraud, as they (and OU) showed that they could come back and did not totally lose their composure, but they are not the teams many thought they were.  OU does not have a great QB, Wisconsin does not have an unstoppable offense.  Too bad the Spartans had that slip up against Notre Dame, they could be #3 right now.


One change to my picks.  At the time I published my blog the LSU/AU game was off the board, later reinstated at LSU -21.  I took LSU as noted on the David Nuno and Robert Naegli Show on 1560thegame, so I have added that into my win%.

This week I won 67% of my picks and ZERO of my Playmakers:  the only Playmaker I had this week was Temple who squeaked out a win at Buffalo. If there was an LSU line I would have added them in too but there was not.  I also would have added Tech and Michigan State, but this blog is about the SEC and MAC so I dont count those.



If you want me to handicap a specific game, please post it in the comments and Ill tell you what I think.

For the Season:

Picking all games in the SEC and MAC:  71% winning 77 and losing only 32 of all posted games.

Picking only my PlayMakers:  I am winning 76% of the time 26-7.  This weeks picks was only Temple, as noted above.  



Hopefully next week will have some better action that we can take better advantage.  Im just hoping that all the games do not get cancelled because everyone is too amped up about LSU/Bama.  It should be a good game, but damn people, its not like the football season is make or break on this one game. 

2 comments:

  1. Yes...rough week. Did hit a 3 teamer that saved me! LSU,Hou,OKL.ST!

    Looking forward to a big week 9!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah even though I was heavy on my Playmaker (that is what they are for, going heavy) I only had one. I was 100% winner last week picking 3 and 100% loser this week picking 1.

    Luckily there were other games that worked out to my advantage too.

    Its a long season, lots of ups and a few downs, but be grateful we have only seen one losing week.

    ReplyDelete