Monday, November 7, 2011

Week 10 results

Point of disclosure:  even though I said in week 1 or 2 that I counted ties as a win because 'its hard enough playing the line.'.  It has been called to my attention that this is weak, so I have adjusted my win % by two for the season and 1 for Playmakers.  Point is, I put in writing that was my methodology up front- there is no funny business here.

This week was not a good one as I went 6 for 11 on picking all the games in both conferences.  My only over/under loss of the season- Kent State.  Fortunately that was also the only Playmaker I lost of the week.

No real heart breakers out there except but I do feel foolish for picking Ole Miss to beat Kentucky.  They are both so bad, I should have stuck with my original intuition and not let the numbers speak.  Both teams are out of everything and in those cases it is usually the home team that prevails.

For the record, my Playmakers were:  Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Wyoming and Houston.  The loser was Kent St Under.  This was the first week I offered two out of conference games as Playmakers, but there was slim pickings.  Since I do one/one consulting for other games, as requested, Houston and Wyoming were the cream of the crop and I decided to pass them on to you as well.

I broke out the Wyoming pick on 790 with the Big Show and the others with my steady date David Nuno and Robert Neagli on 1560 The Game (you can stream them).  But Nuno as always had me on  rain/shine so you can look forward to me providing you insight next Friday sometime between 11 and noon Central.

There are other games that start tomorrow Tues Nov 8th, as the MAC loves TV coverage on traditional dark nights.  Come back to the blog page to see those picks the day of the event.  I t ry not to pick too far in advance due to weather changes and player arrests : )

OK here are the numbers, adjusted per above disclaimer:

For the Season picking all posted games:  89 games won and 43 lost,  OUCH!!!  a teeth rattling 67% win percentage.  DAMN!!! Sorry about this, I hate giving you guys cruddy info.  I try to remember that I am picking ALL the games and its not as bad as it looks, but I can do better.

For my PLAYMAKERS:  33 wins and 10 losses, holding steady at 77% winners.  This is good, anything over 70% is good, but as always my goal on Playmakers is 80%.

This late in the season dont hold your breath for any more upset picks.  If something jumps out at me Ill pass it on to you.

1 comment: